Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rebecca Cullin Update

I thought I would share what I have stitched on Rebecca Cullin last week. I have finished the strawberry border and started on the bottom- there is a lot of intense solid stitching there! I have decided to focus on finishing the cross stitches before going back to the embroidery. The bullion knots are why I gave up last time, so hopefully completing the cross stitches is just what I need to motivate me to finish her this year!!

Rebecca Cullin 12-11-12, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I hope this post works- I am trying to blog by phone. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get a big red "x" instead of a photo.

Lovely seeing everyone's New Starts and WIPs. I love to read Nicola's Scarlet Letter blog just before bed and add to my growing SL Wishlist!

Rebecca B in TN

Saturday, December 08, 2012

December WIPocalypse Check In

Since I forgot to post last month's Check-In, I need to catch up!! First- I finished my Berlin Work Sampler!! This piece started the challenge on 32 ct Mystery fabric over one. I did not like how the stitches were turning out, so it became 38 ct. Creme Gander over one.

Second- progress on Moonlight Serenade, a HAED design. I have completed the first half of page one and almost page two...
Third- My Tribute to Ackworth Sampler. I actually need to get to stitching on this one because the deadline in the Sticklounge group is fast approaching!!
Fourth- Window. Another Sticklounge project that needs some love. I frogged a bunch of this last go around, but managed to complete another part.
Fifth- Mustertuch von 1783- This piece is turning out great. It is over one on 32 ct Raffia Cream with HDF conversion (and some variagated thrown in here and there). Very lovely!!

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year

I am very happy to join all the stitchers in this Scarlet Letter year. Will this be the year I finally finish Rebecca Cullin? Probably not. I started her in 2005 and put a few stitches in every year. Then I get sidetracked. This year I will probably be sidetracked by starting even more SL projects. In fact, I started Spot Motif circa 1640 on December 1st just to celebrate this wonderful group!!
Here are the SL pieces I would like to focus on this year that are already started:
Rebecca Cullin 1801. I am not thrilled with the bird in the center and have already recharted it using a picture from the original sampler that I found online. Obviously I made a lot of changes in the top as well to add my initials and start year. I probably would not have done that if I were just starting, but what's done is done.
Rebecca Cullin 1801
My work so far-
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Rebecca Cullin Detail, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Polly Phillip 1792. I love the colors in this one, but admit my sister's name is Holly Phillips so I was drawn to it :)
Polly Phillip 1772
Polly Phillip 1772- 4
And my newest Scarlet Letter start- Spot Motif circa 1640. This one is tent/continental stitched over one on 40 ct. Very fun!! I think I will work on outlining for the most part and filling in little bits as I go.
Spot Motif Embroidered Picture circa 1640, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
1640 Spot Motif 12_4_12, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I have many more SL samplers in various stages- some kitted, some slightly started. If I could finish Rebecca Cullin it would really be a Red Letter Year for me!!!