Friday, February 01, 2008

Update on me....

OK, so the HAEDless 3rd week Sampler SAL has finally broken the HAED spell. I didn't think it was possible. My first love was samplers, but since I found HAED in Nov of 2006, I have been exclusively stitching big complicated HAED charts. After stitching VoHRH, I stitched some of Gatekeeper, then started working on Polly Phillip 1772 again. I hadn't touched it in 2 years or so. I can't seem to put it down. I have completed the tree, some butterflies, a sheep and have now started the lady in the first panel. The outside border is traditional cross stitch, but the panels are over one continental stitch. I am loving it. Since it is in the rotation, I guess I am still on the rotation- I usually just stitch 10 hours on a piece, but I don't limit myself to 10. I am currently on 60 hours straight of PP. Unheard of!! I am usually sick of a piece by the end of a long weekend. I don't know... maybe I am trying to be a OAATr??? Probably not. I should be back on the HAED wagon by the 2nd week of Feb when the HAED Challenge SAL for February starts. But the next weekend is the sampler weekend... PP again?? I think it all stems from the fact that the sampler is SO MUCH EASIER. Not the million color changes in a 100 stitch block... I can see real progress. I promise to post a pic before the next HAED SAL of PP. She is going to be beautiful- bright colors in VC silks... can't get any better than that!!

I'll leave you with a non-stitching pic- this is my little red min pin Vinny along with the meanest kitten I have ever known (Rambo/Mac/little turd- various names for him) and in the background is Rocky his orange brother that very nearly met his demise after being attacked by a pit bull. After a few days of ICU at my house with injections of Valium for seizures and fluids/ force feeding every 2 hours he decided to live...

No comments: