Monday, November 07, 2011

Anniversaries of the Heart- Snow Garden

I recently asked Lauren of Sassy's Fabbys to dye some stark white 50 ct Kingston linen for me... originally I wanted to use it for the Vierlanden IFAKHS 1817 sampler. When it arrived in the color "Sage" I immediately knew it was too happy for such a dark piece. The color was gorgeous and needed to be used for something special. After a couple of starts on the corners, I finally went with Blackbird Designs Anniversaries of the Heart. This is the first part "Snow Garden" started. It is so tiny. Of course I took the liberty of changing all the colors to HDF. The first block is especially light compared to the rest, so I went with Ex Salty Sea and Ex Pussy Willow to darken it a bit. The peacock is Ex Flannel dark and is more purple IRL. This is going to be beautiful on the Sage Kingston!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: